Sunday 18 March 2012

Like a hole in the head

I need a new hobby like a hole in the head. Nonetheless, I have become obsessed with the idea of a quilt. This idea becomes even more insane when you realise that the purpose of said quilt will be to go over the back of a sofa in my craft room (which I don't - yet - have) in a house that we have not yet found, let alone bought. However, the knitting mojo is a little lacking at the moment (not really feeling the love of socks or shawls - my usual staples - at the moment). Also, I've realise I have a problem with colour; I can't make all garments in shades of blue, grey and possibly mauve. I have a hope that quilting will help.

So yesterday, I tidied my desk. It now looks like this. I also sorted out the drawers and now have one that looks like this.

You will note the rotary cutter. I have previously found this difficult to use and couldn't cut straight with it. However, browsing websites, I discovered that there's a difference between left handed and right handed rotary cutters. Yesterday, I discovered that mine can be set up either way. Having switched to left handed, I then had a play with some scraps - and, joy, it worked. Who'd a thunk it?!

So, next weekend, there will be a trip to the quilting shop ...

No comments:

Post a Comment