Sunday 29 November 2009

Or not

I didn't spend the day in bed yesterday.

Being so fine, the shawl dried very quickly, so by lunchtime I was able to unpin it. So this is it - about 1 km of yarn and nearly 1500 beads that can't actually be seen. I wore this to church this morning - it shows up well over dark clothes. I just don't dare do too much while wearing it- it's so delicate, and being single ply yarn, I suspect if it catches on anything that will be it done for.

It's pretty chilly here today and the sky is a distinctly ominous colour. I don't want to put the fire on yet, as it's only lunchtime, so I have bundled up in my Spiraluscious Mitts,
the matching cowl (which still needs blocking and photographing but keeps me warm in the meantime) and my Shawl that Jazz. I also have a blanket (not knitted) wrapped around my legs and knees. It's raining outside but I can snuggle inside which is lovely. I probably ought to warm myself up doing some of the jobs that are taunting me around the house, but it's much nicer to sit and knit, watch old Inspector Morse and Poirot (I love ITV3) and play with Mildred. Ah yes, Mildred. I wanted to name my laptop (sad, I know) and despite my efforts to find a sleek, elegant name for her, she wants to be Mildred!
I'm loving the fact that I can use her all around the house, and that she links to the Internet effortlessly. I did have to re-install the mouse yesterday (I don't know why) but apart from that it's been great. I also discovered a built in SD Card Reader. This is slightly irritating in that I had recently bought a new external card reader, the old one having died, but it means it is just soooo easy to get photos from Camera to Computer. Hmm perhaps I should name the Camera 'George'. Not a programme I have ever seen, but I do know that George and Mildred go together!
Right - time for a cuppa and Ulmus.


1 comment:

  1. The shawl is AMAZING and it does look like an invisibility cloak in that delicious, wispy grey. You must be very pleased with it.

    The built in SD card reader rocks; I shall never go back to Other, inferior methods for getting photos onto my computer...

    ReplyDelete