Monday 31 January 2011

Just a quick one

Just a very quick post this evening, as I really ought to be in bed! I have spent the weekend in Cornwall - Watergate Bay to be precise - at the Socktopus 2011 knitting retreat. The train back was somewhat delayed so I didn't get home until 9.30. I have emptied the suitcase and the knitting bag and sorted out my projects to take to Sticks and String tomorrow (priorities being what they are...).

I arrived home to find two parcels. The first was from NicsKnots containing a dpn needle roll (which has been filled with my KnitPro Nova dpns) and a matching sock project bag (which has a sock project installed). The second was the first instalment of Rosemary Hill's 2011 Pins and Lace club, which contained - well, I won't say just on the very remote off chance that someone who hasn't had their package yet reads this. Suffice it to say that I am very excited. And all this on top of having received the first instalment of the Knit Love Club 2011 Sock Club while I was away. I'm so excited that I don't know where to start!

On the train on the way back from Cornwall, I made some notes in my knitting book on what I wanted to put into future blog posts. There is a (pencil) scrawl at the top of the page saying "where are all my biros?" (actually, I don't think there's a question mark at all) - and then a response of "here's one" arising from my need to sort my bag out in order to get everything back into it. Other topics to cover include the wonders of Audible, the wonders of Cornwall, the things I learnt in classes, and the mysterious UFO. Some additional photography is required to complete these posts but in the meantime, here's a picture of the beautiful Watergate Bay.
PS - There is not going to be a completed blanket square this month, but other things have been achieved on the way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment