Friday 30 October 2009

Even sleepier

I thought it was bad yesterday!

It is half past 11 and I'm still at work. At the moment, there is nothing needing doing, but something may come up and so we can't go home yet. The thought of driving home for an hour nearly isn't great.

Tomorrow I am going up to Mum and Dad's - and still no packing done. I have written a list of things to pack so I guess that's a start. Fortunately, I'm going by train, so I can sleep on the way... I did do a quick trawl this morning, and I think I have at least got enough clean undies to pack.

On the knitting front, I actually picked up my Ulmus yesterday evening. I don't really know why I lost the will with it, as it's a very straightforward knit. My only worry is the length of the floats. The pattern is knitted in stripes of two yarns, and each stripe is just two rows, so you are supposed to float the yarn up one side. I just wonder how this is going to work when I come to block - I can see this becoming very lop-sided if I'm not careful (and not being very big if I am).

On the knitting front, I am seriously wishing I had brought some to work today. Usually, I do but today I didn't and yet now I have the opportunity actually to do some. Grr. I could have got a fair few more rows of the Ulmus done while I have been sitting around this evening. Still, this is my last day of this secondment. Holiday next week and back to my own office the week after. I have enjoyed doing the secondment - it's been good to get to know the folks and mostly I've enjoyed the work. Having an office canteen is also a bonus. On the downside, I'll be glad to be able to print documents and to reduce my commute (distance if not time) by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment