Sunday 25 October 2009

Timezone?

I don't know what time zone I'm in. The clocks went back last night, and usually this is an excuse for an extra hour of sleep. But no. I awoke at 6.30 - and I was wide awake. So I decided to do something useful (ha ha). Did some bits on the PC and then decided to wrap some presents. This was all well and good until suddenly it was twenty-five to ten and I was still in my nightie. Given that I needed to be at church shortly after ten, this wasn't good. Now, it's just coming up to eight pm and I'm all ready for bed. It feels much later. What is going on?!


Anyway, more interesting stuff. I went into Guildford to do some Christmas shopping yesterday and also bought the beads for Samhain. At some point there will be photos..... Then I went to see my friend Mel, who lives close by. We hadn't seen each other for ages, and I also got to see all the work that she and her hubby have been doing on their house and garden, so it was really fab to catch up. We went back to Guildford to have a look at vacuum cleaners, since mine apparently has died, and I also had a look at laptops. I am fed up with home PC (it's alright - it isn't clever enough to know I'm being mean about it). It's elderly and is getting unreliable. I haven't absolutely decided, but I am more and more thinking that I would like a home laptop. This would mean that I could sit on the sofa to Skype, blog, and generally play on the net (when the net is working) rather than being tucked away in the study. It would also mean that when hubby is at home I would still have PC access. The point is that I don't need a laptop. I'm very aware of how fortunate I am, and the fact that I could just go out and buy a laptop doesn't mean I should, however I try to justify it to myself.

I have also continued to knit, and on the FO front, I have these:




Pattern: my basic bobble hat

Yarn: Knitting Goddess DK Merino in semi-solid lime


These are the hats that were actually requested for Christmas. The niece and nephew asked for green hats, and green hats they have got. However, for the sake of their mother's sanity I decided on different coloured bobbles. I have also completed this:




Pattern: improvised as I went along

Yarn: Knitting Goddess bfl sock in Indian Summer


This is knitted from a lavendar kit sent by the lovely Knitting Goddess, Joy with one of her parcels of yarn. It has been festering in my wip basket for a while, but I finally got a move on and finished it. It has now been wrapped up as part of my sister's birthday present - I can say that because at the moment she doesn't know I have a blog .....


I do also have another bobble hat completed (although it isn't going to have a bobble). It was only completed this evening, so no piccies yet. It is one of a pair for my twin god-daughters, R and H. The completed hat is the second attempt because the first one was way too large (using different yarn and needles from the green ones). Photos of those will follow in due course, and then that will be my Christmas knitting done! Yay.


My other big achievement today was clearing my desk. I actually did the filing (rather than just leaving it in a tidy-ish pile). There were about five months worth of credit card bills in the heap, so I guess it had been a while. The upside was finding a missing piece of paper. I am taking part in the Unicorn quest being run by the Natural Dye Studio and Fyberspates, and I had lost the September clues - but I have now been reunited with them, and they have been reunited with the rest of the clues. I put them all somewhere safe .... I also rediscovered the pattern for Ulmus, which is another festering wip - so now I have no excuse for letting it linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment