Saturday 31 October 2009

Going away

Ugg - I finally got home at quarter to one this morning. However, it's done and I'm on holiday - hurray. Also, my packing is nearly done and there are still two hours until the taxi arrives to take me to the station. So obviously I am blogging.
Actually, I have been taking photos and doing battle with computers, but this means that I am now able to bring you these:

Rachel (or Hannah's) hat, knitted out of Bowmont Soft Spun DK from Devon fine fibres. I got this from Socktopus when it was still open - so hopefully Stash will stock it in future as I don't know where else you can get it. The decoration is crocheted in DK silk from the Knitting Goddess - I had it sitting around as a left-over in my stash and it worked really well.

And to make sure that no-one is left out, here is Hannah (or Rachel's) hat. I should explain that the photos were taken on the lid of a cake tin because it's pretty wet outside and I didn't want them to get grubby.

Talking of Rachel and Hannah (my goddaughters), I saw them on the box last night (although the programme was at 9 am - I had sky+'d it). I had a message from their Mum on Facebook and discovered that they had been taking part in a programme called 'Family!' which is a series of short episodes abouts families from around the country. They were representing Wales. It was lovely to see them even on the telly, given that I don't get to see them very often for real.

The final picture to show you is this one.

This is all the bits I have ready to start my Samhain shawl tomorrow. The colours aren't great since it's such a grey day, since the yarn is actually purple-ish (quelle suprise!). It's Angel 1ply Laceweight (Alpaca / Cashmere / Silk - yum) from The Natural Dye Studio in, I think, Heather 30. I got the beads from Aluisa Beads in Guildford. I've put two bags of beads into that tin ready to be used, and I have a third bag in reserve so that should be plenty. I'm very looking forward to starting this!
Anyway, I really should do some ironing and finish the packing - then perhaps a little more work on Ulmus (which isn't going with me) before I head off out.

No comments:

Post a Comment