Tuesday 20 October 2009

A new day - a new blog

I was thinking yesterday (shocking, I know....). There are various blogs that I read, and people always seem to have interesting and/or amusing things to write about. I thought to myself 'the reason I don't blog is that I have nothing to write about'. It then occurred to me that I could do something about this! I could (and should!) make the effort to do more than go to work, go home, sit on the sofa and knit, and then go to bed. So, I decided to start a new blog. The aim of this is to force myself to do something blogable - even if it's only working my way through the ironing mountain.

In this respect, yesterday was a failure. Start as you mean to go on - I don't think! I'm currently on secondment to a client. Having worked late and then had a longer than usual commute, I didn't get home until nearly half past nine. By which time it was a snack for tea (client has a good canteen so I can get a main meal at lunchtime), a bit of knitting, and bed. Unfortunately, I then woke up at half past three this morning, and never got back to sleep. On the plus side, this means that the knitting part of one of the green hats ordered by the niece and nephew is completed - just needs a bobble.

I did get to speak to hubby briefly yesterday evening. He's in Algeria, and communication is tricky with email working about one day in three, mobile phone periodically connecting, and the landline having a swarm of wasps inside it (or at least - that's what it sounded like!). Still we did manage a brief chat. He is stuck in the desert so hasn't done much to talk about, and I had emailed him during the day with the latest news.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging and sorry it took me so long to get you into my bloglines! x

    ReplyDelete