Thursday 29 October 2009

Sleepy

It's 7 o'clock, I'm still at work and I'm sleepy. I'm not looking forward to the drive home.

It's one of those evenings where the work is intermitent so there will be more things needing doing but I am currently in a lull. On the upside, a Thai takeaway has already been ordered :-)

On Saturday I'm going up to Mum and Dad's for a few days so that I can see Sis, BIL and Nephew while they are back in this country, and then on Tuesday I'm going to Brancaster to join the in-laws house sitting. Hmm - haven't finalised arrangements with them. I should do that...

I am slightly concerned that I have my knitting all sorted to take away with me but not my clothes: tomorrow evening could see the inaugural panic-ironing event, where I waving a steaming iron around, get the clothes looking a bit flatter and probably burn myself. I'm not even entirely sure what I need to pack for a few days on the north Norfolk coast in November.

Exciting news is that last night I finished the Christmas knitting. No photos yet, as I haven't actually had a daylight opportunity, but I've finished the hats for R&H. The original plan was to sew buttons on as decoration, but then a cunning plan was developed and these were replaced by crocheted silk flowers - I happened to have some appropriately coloured silk DK sitting in the stash. The majority of my Christmas knitting has been done from stash so I feel like I've made good in-roads.

Not sure when I'll get to post again but hopefully it will include piccies. I'm almost tempted to take the work laptop away with me so that I can keep on line, but that's really not what it's for!

No comments:

Post a Comment