Friday 23 October 2009

TGI Friday

Oooff. Another week done and a lie-in tomorrow morning. I did more ironing yesterday evening, but figured that you can have too many ironing photos (some might argue that two is too many) so instead here's this evenings picture:





Merlot and knitting - what could be better? The knitting is the second green hat and is a much better likeness for the actual colour - I wish I'd taken note of what camera setting I used for it! I'm planning a shoping trip into Guildford tomorrow. Partly to buy Christmas and Birthday pressies for my sister and her family (who are in the UK next weekend - they live overseas) and partly for beads for my Samhain shawl:

http://www.bopeepswoolshop.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=54.

I'm going to knit this as part of a KAL on the Knitting Goddesses (and Gods) group over on Ravelry and I'm very excited. The excitement did dim a little though when I calculated how many stitches there will be per row by the end (it's over 600). We're due to start on 1 November so I'm collecting everything together now. Meantime, I'm not letting myself cast on anything new except Christmas hats. Once the current one is done, there are just two more to go and that will be the Christmas knitting done. "Six pairs of socks, five woolly hats, and a stripey scarf for Jane". You can sing along - you know you want to! There will be proper piccies eventually.

I am hoping to take some FO piccies tomorrow, and I think there's some stash that hasn't actually made it on line yet but the weather forecast isn't great so we'll see. For now it's back to the lime-green hat and the glass of red wine .....

No comments:

Post a Comment