Tuesday 27 October 2009

A lovely surprise

When I got home last night I had a surprise.

To start with, the chubb lock on the front door wasn't locked. I was surprised because, although I had left in a hurry, I was pretty sure I'd locked it. Then I noticed the living room light was on. And again, I was surprised because I'd turned the lights off before I left. Before I could get into panic mode, though, a voice said 'Hello'. It was the Hubby - home a few days early from Algeria because his visa ran out.

It was lovely to see him but quite a surprise - and there was very little in the house for him to eat. The place I'm working at the moment has a canteen, so I have a main meal at lunchtime and a snack in the evening.

On the big upside - the house was tidy. I am not a tidy person. As my mother has said, I am good at tidying up but not at being tidy. This means that usually when hubby is away, I slob for a while and then have a major clear-up just before he comes home. However, the last couple of weeks I have been making an effort to keep tidy. This meant that when he arrived home:
  • There was no knitting strewn all over the sofa
  • There was no dirty washing up - at all not even hiding in the dishwasher(this is truly shocking)
  • The bed was made
  • The kitchen was tidy

This experience has proved to me that it is worth trying to keep things tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment